Whenever there is a process involving examining data sets to find a trend and draw a conclusion about the information they contain, it is called Data Analytics. In this article, we are going to dive into the depths of Thinkful Data Analytics.
Who is a Data Analyst?
Generally speaking, a data analyst will retrieve and gather data, organize it and use it to reach meaningful conclusions. “Data analysts’ work varies depending on the type of data that they’re working with (sales, social media, inventory, etc.) as well as the specific client project,
Companies belonging to every industry can benefit from data analysts’ work, starting from healthcare providers to retail stores to fast-food chains. Data analysts’ insights can be valuable to employers who want to know more about their consumers or end-users’ needs.
Regardless of which industry they work in, data analysts can expect to spend their time developing systems to collect data and compile their findings into reports that can improve their company.
Responsibilities of a Data Analyst
- Producing reports
- Spotting patterns
- Collaborating with others
- Collecting data and setting up infrastructure
Types of Data Analytics
- Descriptive analytics answers, “What happened?”
- Diagnostic analytics answers, “Why did something happen?”
- Predictive analytics answers, “What is likely to happen?”
- Prescriptive analytics answers, “What action should be taken?”
Tools of a Data Analyst
- Microsoft Excel
- SAS software
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google AdWords
Thinkful Data Analytics Courses
Thinkful’s Data Analytics course is designed to let its students master their Data Analytics skills. There are two options for students to choose from, namely, Immersion and Flex. Immersion is a 4-month long course that requires students to attend it full-time. But when one chooses Flex, it comes as a 6-month course where students can partake in it as part-time. Let’s see how the two different formats are structured below.
Thinkful Data Analytics Curriculum
Thinkful Data Analytics Immersive Curriculum
- Excel Foundations: This phase is focused on building the student’s comfort with the fundamental tool in the data analyst toolkit: Excel. Students will learn to navigate the tool and create their first data models to answer business questions.
- Storytelling with Data: The second phase of the program introduces the critical skill of presenting data to a variety of stakeholders.
- SQL Foundations: The third phase of the program teaches students to level-up their analysis skills with SQL (structured query language). They will learn to access and navigate relational databases.
- Tableau: In this next phase of the program, students learn to create dashboards to visualize datasets and answer business questions using Tableau.
- Business Research: In this phase of the program, students will complete a set of case studies, practicing the skills they’ve learned up to this point. Basic statistics are also a part of its portion.
- Python Foundations: For this phase of the program, students learn to use Python to access and analyze datasets from various sources.
- Capstone Phase: Students build their final capstone and complete two mock culture fit interviews in the program’s final phase.
Thinkful Data Analytics Flex Curriculum
- Data Analytics in Modern Businesses: Students get set for their journey by meeting the community and support team. They learn best practices for collaborating with others and where to turn when they need help along the way.
- Excel Foundations and the Art of Presentations: The modern business world is built on Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and is the best known and most used spreadsheet application. Here students learn the basics of working in Excel and learn how to tell stories with Powerpoint.
- Crafting a Story from Data with Tableau: This section will learn to apply visualization and design principles with tools like Tableau and Excel to create meaningful data visualizations, build dashboards, and tell narratives with data.
- Diving Deeper with Python and Statistics: With Statistics, students learn vital statistical methods for analyzing data through descriptive statistics, random sampling, and A/B testing. Then, they dive into the basics of programming with Python.
- Working with Databases using SQL and Python: In this final chapter, students learn how to capture, extract, and analyze data stored in databases to write efficient, complex SQL queries.
Thinkful Data Analytics Cost
Again, there are two different costs involved due to the other format, Immersive and Flex. Let’s see how they both differ. Under this section, we are going to analyze the cost of the Data Analytics course. Below is a breakdown of the cost.
Features of Thinkful Data Analyst Course
A separate personal mentor is assigned to each student who takes up the data analytics course. They are program managers, instructors, and industry pros dedicated to the future success of the students.
Instructors and TAs
Teaching assistants and instructors provide 24/7 support through QA sessions and Slack, so they can rectify their and clear doubts every time they face them.
Instructors help students create a job-winning portfolio filled with complex, technical projects that will help them shine in interviews.
Check out the entire Thinkful Review.
Thinkful Admission Process
Thinkful’s admission process follows a particular pattern that helps the student to get inducted into the Immersive/Flex course. Let’s check what is in store when it comes to the Admission Process.
The students take up the prep course. This allows the students to get immediate access to the curriculum and study support until they complete the prep course.
Getting in touch with the Admission Representative
Upon completing the prep course, students will have the opportunity to speak to an Admissions Representative and continue getting inducted into the course.
Full Student Experience
Upon completion of the prep course, the eligible students enroll themselves in the course, set their schedule, partner with the academic success manager, and get ready to complete the full data analytics course within six months.
So far, we have discussed the curriculum, cost of the course, and features of Thinkful’s Data Analytics Course. There has been a recent surge in demand for qualified data professionals. So, if you are one of those who want to earn a good salary working in any industry that you prefer, then Data Analytics is your answer.
Kindly note that we do not support any organization whatsoever. This article is to provide an overview of Thinkful’s Data Analytics course to make your research easier. We recommend comparing this course with other schools’ courses and conclude which school suits you better.